- 1 cup of raw rice
- 2 cups jaggery (crushed or powdered)
- 2 spoons of cashew nuts
- 2 spoons of raisins
- 2 spoons of ghee (preferably cow ghee while offering to Gods)
- Cardamons powder
- Dry coconut grated
- First cook the rice keep it aside.
- Dissolve the jaggery in a 1/2 cup water and keep it on the stove.
- Once the jaggery is melted, strain it to remove the dirt.
- Put the syrup once more on the heat and add the cooked rice to it.
- In the mean heat the ghee and fry cashew nuts, grated coconut and raisins
- Add them to the rice along with cardamon powder.
- Mix well and serve hot.
There are many ways of doing this pongal. Few add some milk in pongal, I too add milk but only 2 spoons of it . Hope you guyz found it easy to cook. This whole dish will consume 15 - 20 mins time in making.