- 1 cup rava
- 1 cup sugar ( If you prefer it sweeter add another half cup)
- 3 cups water ( I prefer the sweet softer than dry)
- 3 spoons ghee ( you can add more too...i like less amount of ghee in my sweet)
- 1 spoon cashew nuts
- 1 spoon raisins
- 1 spoon cardamon powder
- yellow color
- saffron strands (this gives very nice smell and taste, the pic I've shown doesn't have saffron strands in it)
- First fry the sooji/ rava in ghee and keep it aside
- Boil the water in a pan and add sugar to it.
- Once sugar is completely melted, add the fried sooji/ rava to the pan and close it with lid.
- In the mean fry cashew nuts and raisins
- Now add cardamon powder, saffron and yellow color to the pan.
- Once the rava is completely boiled take it in to a plate and garnish it with fried raisins and nuts.
I hope you found this easy to cook. I like to have it in the evenings. This would be my this week's entry for Mellow Yellow Monday. Shoot your comments about this recipe.