Skip to main content

Fifa Fever.....

Hello everybody....


      I don't know how many of you are following this year's FIFA but I'm full in-to it. As I'm in Europe it is an ordinance to follow the world's favorite game. I started to like this game when I first saw 1998 FIFA finals France vs Brazil. Ever since, I am a die hard fan of the BRAZIL team. I was really disappointed when it lost the match against Netherlands in the quarter-finals. I was always confident that Brazil would make it to finals and will  win this world cup. It's all over long back now it's the turn of  Netherlands (team which didn't lose a single match in the world cup 2010) and Spain (turned out to be powerful team after defeating Germany in the world cup).

Though I lost interest on the game when Brazil lost, I again gained it back when Germany defeated Argentina (4:0). What a match it was, everyone was shocked with the result of the game, Germans have crashed them like anything. Imagine what, Diego Maradona, a man who hit the Goal of the Century  in 1986 and presently the coach of Argentina team, must be going through. I guess he might not have come out of the trauma yet. But God has saved us from watching him running naked on the streets of Argentina!!! In this world cup I pity Paraguay team as they have missed their famous model Larissa Riquelme strip on the streets of Paraguay ....ohhhh yeahhh!! (of course her body painted with Paraguay flag). What's wrong with these people??? I guess nude walk is in now.

This years world cup is completely unpredictable. All the teams which are considered as underdog have come up with a remarkable performance; few have made in to quarter-finals too. Ghana is one among them, while their exit from the tournament was heart-breaking.

Coming to Spain, I find they are striving to hoist the most prestigious trophy for the first time. They reached semi-finals for the first time since 1950. They are ranked as the 2nd best team though they haven't won any world cup yet. I foretell that the "Men in Red" will defeat "Men in oranje" (mine might not be as accurate as Paul the Octopus prediction).This time Spain is playing very strategically. Hope to see the classiest match in the finals. Watching finals would be just like watching a film. It is going to have an action, drama and nail biting climax. My bet is on Spain but never know it could be any one's title.  

Waka Waka Spain......



Cheers,
Vrinda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S is for Sky Scraper

When ever I hear this word one thing comes in to my mind immediately is, the New York City. Apart from being my favorite place, this place has also added some beautiful memories in to my diary. I can never forget the Friday evenings I spent in that city. Sometimes with my friends (most of the time by myself) we used to walk down the street just like that. Have fun talking on the roads, looking at the people from different nations, eating food what not?  One Penn Plaza  I used to work at  Manhattan  (heart of the city) in One Penn plaza. It is 54 storied building,  shares the same street with Empire state building.  It was fun working in a desi company, but surrounded mostly by Mexicans. They are very friendly people though, very sweet and believe me most of the girls are damn gorgeous.  Macys was adjacent to my work place, I used to get in that tall 9 storied building and spend some hours walking around the displays. I have bought many gifts for my parents and my husband (then m

My Garden

Hi Frenz,      Gardening has always been one of my hobbies, though I never mentioned it to my frenz. I always like flowers on the plant than plucked and made in to garland. I usually like spending some time in garden while I'm really stressed out, it's a great relaxation therapy. Presently I stay in an apartment which has a small  balcony. Luckily there is enough space to place few pots and I planted plants in them. I feel so happy when flowers bloom in my garden. I take snaps and share it with my frenz and family members. Today I thought of sharing them with all my Blog frenz. Rose : This is the first plant I bought for my garden. This is the only flower it bloomed to that plant. It died after  1 month, as I was away from home for long time. My husband couldn't take care of it well (I don't blame him for that though) Button Rose : This is one of my favorite plants. It was presented to me by my mom. She actually bought this for her garden, but again felt it'

Thursday Challenge - 7

Brown is the theme of this week's  Thursday Challenge . Initially I thought of uploading Coffee cup snap, in the mean this snap popped from no where in my folders. Then I changed my thought and wanted to upload this pic. The three cups with chocolate sauce are of different flavors (though they look like same flavored one). Now guess which one was my cup. Cheers, Vrinda.